MUMs offers the opportunity for moms to….
- Experience encouragement, friendship and support
- Share and fellowship in a safe and loving atmosphere
- Grow in your friendship with Jesus Christ as you become all God created you to be
- Find God’s Peace, Purpose, and Perspective for you
Purpose Statement:The purpose of the MUMs (moms uplifting moms) ministry at Madison Park is to gather, walk alongside, and support one another in our journey as we grow in our relationship with Christ through all walks of motherhood.
Mark your calendar!
When does MUMs meet?
- Every month, the second Monday from September – May 6:30-8:00pm. If Quincy Public Schools cancel for some reason, we will meet the third Monday of the month.
Where does MUMs meet?
- Fellowship Hall – Madison Park Christian Church – Entrance H or A
Is there a cost for MUMs?
- Yes. There is a small fee of $20 for the entire year.
Are we doing MUMs merchandise this year?
- We will be offering MUMs t-shirts this year. Those are available to purchase below through the month of September.
What are we studying at MUMs this year?
- This year we are taking a completely different approach to MUMs and spending the year working through various parts of a set Scripture. We are using the following text, “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” – Mark 12:30-31 ESV
- This means each month we will have activities (some that will include your children) and we will look at what it means to love the Lord with you HEART, SOUL, MIND and STRENGTH; and to love your NEIGHBOR as yourself.
- Each month we will also divide into groups to discuss practical ways we can do each of these things and we will leave monthly with a challenge. We have a lot of exciting things planned and can’t wait for you to be a part.
Is childcare available during MUMs events?
- Yes. Every month childcare is provided (ages 6 weeks – 12 years of age) with preregistration only and space is limited. A donation is taken to help offset the cost. Please register your child the week before MUMs each month in one of the following ways:
1. at the above link on this page.
2. on the Madison Park MUMs facebook page.
GET REGISTERED FOR 2019-2020 HERE!
Testimonies from recent MUMs attendees:
“Real moms with real problems.”
“Knowing I am not alone in this journey.”
“Knowing how other wives and mothers feel about different issues – having someone to talk to about things that may be going on in our life as well as theirs.”
“Relationships and conversations with other moms. It’s comforting to know other moms struggle with the same things I do.”
“Everything – I look forward to meeting every month. Can’t wait from one month to the next.”
“I really feel connected and welcomed.”
“I feel supported and uplifted.”
“The love shared is so real, thank you for the laughs.”
“Meeting a wide range of mothers and finding out we have the most important thing in common.”
MUMs Retreat 2019
Sprague’s Kinderhook Lodge | February 28-29, 2020
Calling all moms…
Do you want to be refreshed, revitalized, and challenged to grow in your marriage, mothering, friendships, and faith? You’re not alone! Join other moms who share the same desire at the MUMs Retreat 2019.
We are excited to offer this amazing opportunity for our moms to take some time out for ourselves and be refreshed. We will be headed to Sprague’s Kinderhook Lodge. We will leave in the afternoon of Friday, February 28, 2020 (around 4:30-5pm from the church parking lot) and return Saturday evening, February, 29, 2020.
The registration cost for this event will be $100 and will include dinner, breakfast, and lunch. Please bring some snacks to share, along with your overnight lodging. Registration costs are transferrable, but NOT refundable.
Information regarding speakers and breakout sessions as well as a schedule of events will be posted in coming weeks. Please be on the watch as more exciting announcements are made.
While we realize everyone may not be in a season where they are able to get away for a weekend, we encourage those of you who are able to take advantage of this amazing ministry. Not only will you receive valuable and insightful information, you will have a great time laughing and getting to better know the wonderful women who are a part of MUMs.
We will have a private Facebook page with more specifics of the trip, as we get closer to the event. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Lindsay Myers here.