MUMs 2018 – 2019 – I love my mums tribe!
MUMs offers the opportunity for moms of infants through school-aged children to….
- Experience encouragement, friendship and support
- Share and fellowship in a safe and loving atmosphere
- Grow in your friendship with Jesus Christ as you become all God created you to be
- Find God’s Peace, Purpose, and Perspective for you
Purpose Statement: The purpose of MUMs is to nurture all mothers to reach out with encouragement, friendship, support, and to enable each woman to be all God created her to be!
Mark your calendar! MUM’s 2018 – 2019 season has begun!
When does MUMs meet?
- Every 2nd Thursday of the month from September – May 6:30-8:00pm
Where does MUMs meet?
- Fellowship Hall – Madison Park Christian Church
Is there a cost for MUMs?
- Yes. There is a small fee of $15 for the entire year.
Are we doing MUMs merchandise this year?
- We will be offering MUMs merchandise throughout the year. These items will be available for view at MUMs meetings. Orders will be placed at MUMs meetings and then will be received the next month.
What are we studying at MUMs this year?
- We will be walking through Becoming Mom Strong by Heidi St. John. Excerpt from the book:“Every mom knows what a tough job motherhood is.
From diapers to diplomas, it’s a 24/7, 365-days-a-year emotional, physical, and spiritual commitment . . . and it’s worth every ounce of effort we put into it.Today’s moms are facing unique challenges as we attempt to answer the tough questions of a generation in spiritual crisis. The truth is, we need more than worldly wisdom. We need the wisdom and strength that comes from God and His Word. We need to be MomStrong.
Using timeless truths from the Bible, author and mother of seven Heidi St. John invites you on a six-session journey to discovering God’s heart for every mom shepherding children today. You’ll dig into the importance of rest and the ever-present struggle with fear and worry, and you’ll learn how to see yourself as God sees you: powerful, beautiful, capable, and loved.
If you’re up for the challenge, join Heidi in this six-session Bible study as you’ll learn
- to be strong in the Lord,
- to know who you are in Christ, and
- to impart God’s strength and unchanging truth to your children.
Designed as a companion to the book Becoming MomStrong, the Becoming MomStrong Bible Study is a great resource for churches, women’s groups, and individuals. It’s time to become who God says you are as you point your children to the only source of truth there is: God’s Word.”
Is childcare available during MUMs events?
- Yes. Every month childcare is provided with preregistration only and space is limited. A donation is taken to help offset the cost. Please register your child the week before MUMs each month in one of the following ways:
1. at the above link on this page.
2. on the Madison Park MUMs facebook page.
Testimonies from recent MUMs attendees:
“Real moms with real problems.”
“Knowing I am not alone in this journey.”
“Knowing how other wives and mothers feel about different issues – having someone to talk to about things that may be going on in our life as well as theirs.”
“Relationships and conversations with other moms. It’s comforting to know other moms struggle with the same things I do.”
“Everything – I look forward to meeting every month. Can’t wait from one month to the next.”
“I really feel connected and welcomed.”
“I feel supported and uplifted.”
“The love shared is so real, thank you for the laughs.”
“Meeting a wide range of mothers and finding out we have the most important thing in common.”
GET REGISTERED FOR 2018 – 2019 HERE!
To purchase this years MUMs merchandise which is on display at the meetings, visit here!