Ministry partners and service projects right here in our community where you can serve and make a difference!
Please drop off any donations at Madison Park Church — Monday through Thursday, 8am-5pm inside Entrance B.
Helpful resources for our community partners at this time:
- Items for Local Pantries: Food or Hygiene items (drop off at the pantry of your choice, bring to the church office or call the church office for pickup 217-222-2529).
- Item of the Month: In August we are collecting toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, liquid hand and body soap, antibiotic ointment, Band-Aids, and hand sanitizer. These items will be distributed to local elementary and junior high schools and DCFS.
- Gift Cards for Teen Reach: County Market ($25 cards preferred)
- Food for KidzPacks: Microwaveable Cups (soup, spaghetti, rice & potatoes)
- Food for Teen Reach: Canned Fruit and Vegetables
Helpful places to serve at this point:
- Horizons: Serving on Tuesdays from 9am-3pm & Thursdays 11:30am-1:30pm. You don’t have to be there the entire time, even an hour or two would be helpful. You will need to wear a hat and closed toe shoes (no sandals). They are checking temperatures before you enter the serving area using an infrared thermometer. Food will be provided in to-go containers. They will accept volunteers Monday – Friday, 9am-3pm at Horizons (224 S. 8th, Quincy).
- Community: The Mayor’s task force has created a website, adamscountytogether.com. On that site you will find information about ways to find or give help.
Contact Scott Bates (217-222-2529 ext 130) if you would like to help serve.
Horizons Soup Kitchen: Madison Park provides volunteers the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th Tuesdays of the month to serve at the soup kitchen. If you are interested in serving, contact Scott Bates.
Kidzpacks: KidzPacks is a great way to serve our community. We will be packing Kidzpack backpacks at the Thomas
S. Baldwin. Our normal routine includes packing backpacks the first Thursday evening of each month, beginning September 6 at 5:15pm. Along with packing the backpacks, we will also need drivers available the Friday morning following to deliver the packed backpacks to each of the schools, those will be available for pick up at the Thomas S. Baldwin on Maine (3-5) School. If you are interested in serving, please submit the volunteer form here, or contact Scott Bates.
Quincy Young Life: Young Life is all about kids, introducing them to Jesus and making an impact in their lives. There are a host of ways you can be involved. If you are interested in serving, fill out the information at this contact link.
Quincy Teen Reach: Quincy Teen Reach is an after school program where students can learn, grow and develop. Volunteers are needed to help mentor, tutor, build relationships, serve supper and have fun with the students. Teen Reach meets after school until 6pm at the Frederick Ball Center, 815 Elm St. If you are interested in serving, contact Dennis Williams (217-740-6643) at Quincy Teen Reach.
Projects Ministry: Projects is a group of men that come together to serve families. Projects exists to support elderly couples, widows and single moms by doing yard work, home maintenance and other tasks that they may be unable to tackle on their own. If you would like to serve in the Projects Ministry, register here, or contact Scott Bates. If you have a task for the Projects Ministry, register that here.
Unmet Needs: We are one of the faith based organizations represented at the Quincy Area Partnership for Unmet Needs. This is a group of about 16 churches and 18 social services that get together every 2 weeks. The social services bring cases (families) to the group who need help but have fallen through the cracks. The churches have an opportunity to financially support any needs that are deemed appropriate. It is one of the ways we do benevolence for those outside of our congregation.
Iles Elementary School: Madison Park partners with Iles Elementary to meet the needs of students in our community that are in need. For information on how you can participate, contact Scott.