READ: 2 Timothy 1:3-14
- Whatever God gives us, he gives it to us as an invitation to be responsible. We have enough opportunity, enough influence, and enough capacity to make a difference in the Kingdom of God. Timothy received the investment of his family. His faith was developed and enhanced through the lives of his grandmother and mother. They had enough faith to give it to him.
- Timothy was tutored (mentored) by the Apostle Paul. Paul often called him a “son in the faith.” Paul saw his relationship with Timothy as an opportunity to change not only a life, but a lifetime. And through that, there was the opportunity to change the Kingdom of God. Churches have enough influence to make big investments. We have people in whom we can place tremendous energy and thus, see great things done.
- Madison Park invests heavily in the Kingdom. Beyond what we expend here, we give over $300,000 a year to ministries impacting the world. We have cultivated people within our own congregation to go to the ministry/mission field and invest in others. We see the power of multiplying ourselves by taking what we have and investing it in the larger Kingdom of God for the benefit of a broken world.
- How much do you need to make an investment in someone else?
- How can the church continue to influence the greater Kingdom of God?
- What can you do personally to see your influence as a follower of Jesus multiplied in others?
PRAY: Thank God for those who have gone from Madison Park into Kingdom work beyond our area. Pray that we are faithful stewards of all our resources, including those who attend here. Ask God to prepare your heart for worship as we gather.