I was born in Burwell, Nebraska, but when I was five years old, my parents moved to southwest Idaho. I attended First Christian Church in Caldwell, Idaho and it was there that I became a Christian at the age of 14.
After graduating from Puget Sound Christian College in 1973, I traveled to Jerusalem the next spring to do a term of graduate study at Jerusalem University. I also met my wife, Lindi, who was also a student there.
We were married in Bellingham, Washington on June 14, 1975. We have two grown children, our son, Dane, who is married to Lisa and our daughter Kelsey. I began my practice as pastoral counselor at First Christian Church in Dodge City, Kansas. I have also served as the preaching minister in Grandview, Washington and Witt, Illinois.
- Bachelor of Arts, 1973, Puget Sound Christian College, Seattle, Washington
- Master of Divinity, 1984, Lincoln Christian Seminary, Lincoln, Illinois
- Doctor of Ministry, 2002, Denver Seminary, Denver, Colorado
- Ordained into Ministry, July 9, 1978, First Christian Church, Caldwell, Idaho
- Pastoral Counseling Training program, 1989, Pastoral Associates of Prairie View, Wichita, Kansas
- Licensed in Illinois to practice as a Marriage and Family Therapist
- Clinical Fellow, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy